#5: Boolean Algebra and Reduction Techniques
- Read Chapter 5 (but you can skip Section 5-6) of
William Kleitz's Digital Electronics: A Practical Approach with
VHDL (9th edition).
- Turn in solutions to the following Problems on pages
216 to 235:
- all parts of Problems 5–2 and 5–6
- part (b) of Problem 5–7*
- part (a) of Problem 5–9*
- part (a) of Problem 5–10
- all parts of Problem 5–14
- part (a) of Problem 5–17*
- all parts of Problems 5–32 and 5–37**
- *For these Problems, show
each step in
simplifying the expression. Write each step on a separate line,
and on each line identify the law, rule, or theorem that lets
you make that step.
- **For Problem 5–37, use
a straight-edge to
draw your Karnaugh maps. Also be sure to label your rows and
columns correctly, and group the 1s in your K-maps.