What to Expect on the Midterm Exam
- Exam #1 will be a written exam only, with no hands-on
lab part. You'll have one entire class period to complete the exam.
- The exam will cover material
that you've studied in Unit 1 through Unit 6 (in other words, Chapters 1, 2, 3, and 4 of the textbook).
- All problems will
be similar to problems on Homework #1 through Homework #6, or to the practice sheets that we did in class.
- On one problem, you may have to show every step in solving a set of two equations in two variables using either Cramer's rule or matrix inversion (your choice). For other problems involving simultaneous equations, you can use MATLAB or your calculator.
- You will be allowed to use:
- One 8.5"-by-11" page of notes (with writing on one side only), written in
your own hand.
- A calculator (no cell phones).
- MATLAB on your desktop computer (no laptop computers).
- You will not be allowed to use:
- Any notes other than the one page mentioned above.
- The Internet or any software other than MATLAB.
- Cell phones or laptop computers.