What to Expect on Exam #1
- Exam #1 will be a written exam only, with no hands-on
lab part. You'll have one entire class period to complete the exam.
- The exam will cover material
that you've studied in Unit 1 through Unit 4 (in other words, Chapters 1, 2, and 3 of the textbook).
- All problems will
be similar to problems on Homework #1 through Homework #4, or to the practice sheets that we did in class.
- On one problem, you'll have to show every step in solving a set of two equations in two variables using either Cramer's rule or matrix inversion (your choice). For other problems involving simultaneous equations, you can use MATLAB or your calculator, and you won't need to show every step.
- You will be allowed to use:
- One 8.5"-by-11" page of notes (with writing on one side only), written in
your own hand.
- A calculator (no cell phones).
- MATLAB on your desktop computer (no laptop computers).
- You will not be allowed to use:
- Any notes other than the one page mentioned above.
- The Internet or any software other than MATLAB.
- Cell phones or laptop computers.