Downloading and Installing Microsoft's
Visual Studio Community 2017
- Microsoft Visual Studio Community 2017 is a free version of Microsoft's Visual Studio software. If you have a Windows computer at home and you have at least 5.5 GB of free space on your hard drive, I recommend that you download it from Microsoft's website and follow the instructions below to install it.
- First, go to Microsoft's website at https://my.visualstudio.com/Downloads?q=visual%20studio%202017&wt.mc_id=o~msft~vscom~older-downloads. Click the Download button to the right of Visual Studio Community 2017, as shown below.
- When you see the following dialog box, click Save File and then save it to your computer's desktop.
- On your computer's desktop, double-click the icon that looks something like this:
- Click Continue when you see the following window:
- After a short delay you'll see a window similar to the one shown below. Click the button that says Desktop Development with C++.
- The window's appearance should change as shown below. Click Install.
- The installation
process will start. After it finishes, you should find Visual Studio 2017 listed in your Start menu under All Programs.